Couple of weeks ago, I had a debate with my friends about women boxing. I firmly stood by opinion that it is quite alright for women to engage in this kind of sport, but I also heard facts concerning injuries that could be fatal for women's birth ability. Are there any official notes on this subject? Boxing sport for women? Yes or no?

This could be a very difficult topic for a discussion. Simply because its roots are laying in a much deeper conflict - war between man and woman. And that one is raging since the dawn of humanity. Anyway, let's return to the women boxing problem. There is a possibility that sustained blows in boxing could cause some damage, more or less seriously. But, when you think of it, if women fists are weaker and a bit slower than man's than the blows are little less heavy, right?

I am all for women boxing. I find that very sexy. There is absolutely no scientific evidence to support the rumor that boxing injury can adversely affect a woman's fertility. Men got hit in the groin all the time in martial arts competition and I don't hear anybody complaining about that.

While I am not in favor of boxing for women, (nor men for that matter), hoseclamps is correct that there is no scientific evidence to support boxing as a cause of women's infertility.

From ‘Medical survey of female boxing in Italy in 2002-2003’, Br J Sports Med 2005;39:532-536:

While this article does not speak directly to female reproduction or fertility in connection with boxing, it certainly does not suggest that it cannot occur.

And as for men not complaining about getting hit in the groin, well, if I were to hit you in your family jewels, I feel quite certain you would complain, once you uncurled from that fetal position.

I am all for girls and whatever sport they want to play. you should deffinitley do it. im all for it.