I conceived after the first fertility treatments. Unfortunately my hcg levels were a low positive of 33.7 and later decreased to 19. The nurse told me this occured because there was no implantation and that I would soon have a spontaneous abortion. Is there anything that could be done to increased the progesteone or HCG levels to promote and support implantation? Is there a chance that my numbers may go up? When should I try again? What causes lack of implantation? I had a myomectory 12/05, the ultra sound indicated no scarring? Did I need more time to heal?

Conception but lack of implantation can happen to any woman, not just because you are on fertility treaments.

It is kind of like a fluke, there is nothing that can really be done to enhance the chance of implantation, it is up to nature.

BUT HCG LEVELS imply THAT implantation DID OCCUR! YOU cannot have HCG without implantation, because that is when our bodies give off HCG is AFTER implantation.....

To have a spontaneous abortion you have to have implantation, otherwise you just flush the fertilized egg out with a period.

What else did the docs tell you?

To say that hCG is only produced after implantation is actually incorrect. There are published scientific articles which detail studies in which hCG was found to be released by the egg just before zona hatching. This would correspond to a day or two before implantation would (have) happened.