My boyfriend is 30 years old and smoked marijuana heavily and smokes a pack a day of cigarettes. He has been having trouble keeping an erection during intercourse. I have tried oral and it works but then is turned off immediately when we start to try and have sex.

He doesn't believe me when I tell him it is related to his weed and cigarette smoking. What should I do?

Thanks

it can be related to it. but also it can be related to the thing that he is actually off the weed. weed can cause sex troubles, for sure, and there are so many researches that shown a connection between marijuana and sex. There are two crucial reasons why this happens.  First one is, that when a boy is not taking a marijuana anymore, he can experience an instant boost in testosterone, with increased energy levels, less need to sleep and regular hard erections, if you can understand what am I saying. But also, when he is in the age of 30s, a lot of different things can happen, including low sex drive.

***this post is edited by moderator *** inappropriate posting*** Please read our Terms of Use

I TRY TO BE A GOOD WIFE BUT SMOKING IS MORE IMPORTANT TO HIM

does just smoking weed alone affect a erection? or is there other factors involved like drink, or other harsh drugs?

Smoking does not affect anyone sexually...
Marijuana especially does not effect a person sexually at all except for longer periods of pleasure before..uh...ejac..how dya say cuming? lol
and there is a rumor that marijuana seeds and stems may cause impotence but this is also not true...HAS BEEN PROVED...so i would like to say....

Fact: There is no evidence that marijuana causes infertility in men or women. In animal studies, high doses of THC diminish the production of some sex hormones and can impair reproduction. However, most studies of humans have found that marijuana has no impact of sex hormones. In those studies showing an impact, it is modest, temporary, and of no apparent consequence for reproduction. There is no scientific evidence that marijuana delays adolescent sexual development, has feminizing effect on males, or a masculinizing effect on females.
Source(s):
Parents Resource Institute for Drug Education. Marijuana and Cocaine. Atlanta, GA: PRIDE, 1990.

Center for Substance Abuse Prevention. Female Adolescents and Marijuana Use; Fact Sheet for Adults. Rockville: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1995.

Center for Substance Abuse Prevention. Marijuana: Tips for Teens. Rockville: U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 1995.

Swan, Neil. “A Look at Marijuana’s Harmful Effects.” NIDA Notes. 9:2 (1994): 16.

Biased against men, obvious personal experience shadowing good judgement

He's gay or you are fat and ugly with a wombat p***y