Lately, I have been looking for some kind of sport activity to occupy my free time. I tried team sports, like soccer and handball, but it didn't work out. Then I found my thing - kickboxing. I can train solo, all I need is a boxing bag, good will, and occasionally a sparing partner. Since kickboxing includes taking sometimes heavy blows on the body and head, I'm a bit concerned for my health. Should I be?

I suppose that you are still in the training process, which means that you're not all that worried about your health, and that your wish for physical improvement exceeds your worries. All you have to do is protect body parts that are most often under the blows. There are headgears which soften the blows, and as far as the rest of the body is concerned, just build up strong muscles. That will be you best protection. That and good fighting technique! I should know that, I'm in martial arts for 6 years.