is there a statistic for the decline in ability to fall pregnant with age?
how likely is a 43 year old woman to fall pregnant from unsafe sex?

2/3rds of women over the age of 40 have fertility problems. Once you hit 40, you have about a 5% chance of getting pregnant in any single ovulation cycle. By the age of 43, a women's chance of pregnancy drops to 1 or 2%.

From puberty, eggs number between 300,000 and 400,000, loosing roughly 13,000 eggs per year. Over time, this steady drop will leave you with about 25,000 eggs by the time a women reaches 37 years old. By age 43 your basically at the tail end of your egg supply.

BUT....There is always the chance of pregnancy when not protected.
A 43 year old women just may be cought in that 1 to 2% range. Right place, right time.
I would use some type of protection, i.e. a condom, unless of course you are trying to conceive, then it's kind of the luck of the draw.

I will be 45 in three months. Finally, my husband and I got on the same page, deciding to conceive. We had sex only one time in the month of August, and it was one week past that "ovulation window." Now I am 5 weeks pregnant.

Basically a woman is useless after 40