my friend has recently been diagnoised with schizophrenia, has was sectioned for 4 weeks a few months ago. few months after he was released he started to accuse me of sleeping with his wife, then more recently he physically punched me and again accused me of sleeping with his wife, ( my friend and his wife have separated). Ive never seen rage in a person face like this before. i noticed that he became quiet around me and that he always stares at me with a glare that ive never seen before. he has threatened me saying what he was going to do to me.should i be worried in case he carries out his threat?

Unfortunately guest, yes you will need to be careful from now on until he is stabilized on his medications.  The one symptom with Schizo is the paranoia and it will get them all the time.  No matter how much you are going to reassure him that you are not sleeping together the voices he is hearing in his head are going to tell him otherwise.

My uncle is Schizo for a long time and has continuing problems for this length of time as well.  The one problem is the medications they are on is a lifetime, they want to be normal like you or me.  Also, the meds when they stabiliize make them feel normal and they want to come off their meds and be free of it but they cannot - they need them.  I have seen my uncle run (who never jogs) at 30 K an hour (truck going beside him).  He does things that normally he never would - one of them was that he had visions of molesting me, I forgave him but was difficult.

The one thing he will need is support and a friend to stick by him.  It'll be tough, but you should be able to do it, I hope you can.

Good luck and hope this helps

Your right after his outburst ( ill admit that when he hit me i hit him back to defend myself and to show that i wasn't frightened) we sat and talked and all he could say is that he wanted to be normal like me. My problem is he tried to gain access to where i live and i'm worried that if he gains access he might hurt my family. Should i stop all communication with this person in case he harms my family and just move on or will this make him worse?

It could. It all depends on his support system, counsellor/therapy sessions, and medications. It does take awhile to regulate the body and mind on the meds.
Gained access to where you live, how? Finding your address, not sure by how. The one thing with my Uncle is that he is very sneaky and conniving - more so now than before. He stole things from a car lot, threatened my mother with her life and a gun.
My mom is saying the best thing to do would be to drop all contact with him. They tend to self-medicate, which end up being street drugs. Caffeine interferes with their medications. They get hospitalized more frequently in the mental ward. They want to commit suicide. They become like an addict - always wanting money and selling off what they own. More threatening all the time and they become progressively worse as time goes on.
I'm being very honest here and not a lot of people know this about my uncle but I want you to know and be safe and wise. I really hope this helps and keep yourself and family safe.
Good luck.