I came across a post by a Woman about Brain Crackling Related issue this is the Exact issue am facing with my fiancy, any time she sleeps at night I sometimes experience her Brain crackings and scares me when this is happening, I sometimes wake at night to examine where the noice comes from thinking she uses her tooth to create the noice while sleeping but I discovered that her mouth will be firmly closed. I have never experienced such before not even heard about it from any where. This is strange I need help or medical advice to know what to do about this. She is really a strange beign but I love her...

Exploding head syndrome is a form of hypnagogic auditory hallucination in which the sufferer sometimes experiences a sudden loud noise coming from within their own head. The noise is brief and is usually likened to an explosion, roar, gunshot, door slamming, loud voices or screams, a ringing noise, or the sound of electrical arcing (buzzing).

This noise usually happens at the onset of sleep or within an hour or two of falling asleep, but is not necessarily the result of a dream.[1] Although the sound is perceived as extremely loud, it is usually not accompanied by pain. Attacks appear to change in number over time, with several attacks happening in a space of days or weeks, followed by months of remission. Sufferers often feel a sense of fear and anxiety after an attack, accompanied by elevated heart rate. Attacks may also be accompanied by perceived flashes of light (when perceived on their own, known as a "visual sleep start") or difficulty in breathing. The condition is also known as "auditory sleep starts". The associated symptoms are varied, but the benign nature of the condition is emphasized and neither extensive investigation nor treatment are indicated.[1] Sufferers may experience an inability to vocalize any sound, or mild forms of sleep paralysis during an attack.