Scientists at the University of Sheffield studied brains of 12 men while they were listening to male and female voices. They found a difference in the way brain interprets these two sounds. Female voices cause activity in the auditory section and male voices in the so called “mind’s eye” at the back of the brain.
Dr. Michael Hunter, who is one of the co-author of the study, says that the way voices allow the brain to understand different factors about a person including their sex, size, age without having to see them, is very complex.
It is also shown that female voices are more complex due to differences in the size and shape of the vocal cords and larynx. This causes more complex range of sound frequencies than in male voices.
People who hear hallucinatory voices usually hear male voices. Psychiatrists explain that the hallucinations are caused when the brain spontaneously activates, creating a false perception of a voice. These voices are usually male because female voices are more complex ant therefore brain finds it harder to create an accurate false female voice than a false male voice.

So, does the study explain why males have a naturally louder voice than females?  I figured that maybe it might have to do with the complex female voice and the male not having some of the pitches that the females do. and them being naturally louder. OR it could possibly be something in the males hormones, perhaps whatever gives them their "hyperness" as some mights say, also gives them their loud voice. I am not saying these theories are true considering i am only an eleven year old student, but i was curious after discussing the subject with my science teacher.

I think that, because male voices resonate in their 'mind's eye', they identify with it, and therefore respond more postively - hence why, in a group conversation male voices tned to dominate.