Hey guys and girls I was wonderig whether it was normal to feel a clicking sensation in your ankle whilst your leg is in a cast due to a fracture? I have had this cast on for 3 and a half weeks now and the pain has decreased a bit but this clicking is bothering me, will i neeed an operation? Im scared anyone else with similiar experiences?

Health Advisor

Hi there, Sam.

It takes about six to ten weeks for a broken ankle to heal properly, but be prepared to wait a few months before you regain full movement of the foot.

Do you feel any pain? Is there any swelling around ankle, or do you feel numbness in it? If any of these is true in your case, you must visit your doctor as soon as possible.

Meanwhile, try to rest your leg as much as you can. Raise it up in the air, rarely move around, and if you must, use a crutch.

And avoid stairs at all costs. Even when you are fully recovered pay attention on the stairs. If you are climbing the stairs try to put your leg properly on every stair. If you miss one or put balance on wrong side of the body you'll feel excruciating pain.

Trust me, I'm having ankle problems since childhood.

I completely agree with the post above but if you start getting treatment from a physiotherapist or a chiropractor then you would be benefitted greatly. And over a period of time the pain and discomfort will go altogether.