Yesterday when I climbed the stairs I fell and hurt my leg. The doctor diagnosed me with ankle distorsion and bandaged my foot. I’m taking pain killers and have to keep ice bag constantly on my ankle. How long does it take to heal? In other words, when will I be ready to run again? I know that this is pretty impatient and that I shouldn’t hurry, but I can’t stand this state.

I’m sorry to break this to you, but you’ll have to wait at least a month until you can run again. Ankle distortion is not serious injury, but it can be if you don’t follow what your doctor told you to. So, try not to stand on the injured foot and lie as much as possible. Running is out of the question for a certain period of time. I suppose that you’ve had your ankle X-rayed and that you know its condition. Sometimes there is a swelling on the injured spot, but that’s also normal. Maybe it wouldn’t be a bad idea if you could perform certain exercises for the foot, but first ask your doctor which ones are appropriate for your condition.