Hi! My wife has galactorrhea. We don’t know yet would she need to go to surgery. Her doctor prescribed to her a medication called Bromocriptine. Does somebody with experience can tell me something about BROMOCRIPTINE used for galactorrea? Is it helpful and are there any other drugs for galactorrhea? Thank you!

I have the same problem. I’m using bromocriptine and I find it very useful. As I know treatment for galactorrhea depends on the cause of the condition. Doctors usually prescribed bromocriptine first to reduce the secretion of prolactin. Also it can decrease the size of pituitary tumors. I heard that this may be the only therapy necessary.

Bromo & cabergolide are the drugs of choice... Cabergolide is more expensive and has less symptoms...

If you are looking for fertility and a future pregnancy Bromo is the drug of choice since... you have to take it till the pregancy is underway... so you don't loose the baby... anwyay.. usually this drugs are prescribed if you have a pituitary tumor and they do regress the size of the tumor!! If you take them for a while you might not even need surgery... I know the side effects aren't fun.. but looking back now I am glad I took Bromo for the years I took it..I still have Galactorrea, but tumor is almost not noticable @ MRI... anyways.. best of luck!!