Hi! My friend has galactorrhea. She is on good treatment and she will be ok. She told me that men also can have this condition. I didn’t know that before. I was very surprised when I heard that. How is that possible! I’m wondering what could be causing galactorrhea in men?

Yes, it can happen to men also. There are few main causes of this condition. The most common cause of galactorrhea is a prolactin secreting tumor in the pituitary gland. Overproduction of prolactin may also be induced by drugs (certain drugs given for high blood pressure). It’s very important to treat galactorrhea because it can make some other damage.

Hallo,
Galactorrhea is a condition where you body produces milk as a reaction to too much of hormone that is responsible for production of milk when you have a baby. This is when this condition happens in women. But the things is that men can be affected by this condition as well. If I am not mistaking this condition in men can be caused by testosterone deficiency and it is very often accompanied with breast enlargement. You can also notice some breast tenderness as well. This condition can cause you to have erectile dysfunction and even lack of sexual desire. So as you can see this is something that you should be worried about and can’t ignore it. Good luck