My prolactin was tested and I was told it was high. Took Dostinex for four weeks, prolactin went down. It has been a month since taking it, AF was normal. Wanting to know how long it will take to get pregnant?

Hi, i'm in the same boat as you. I have been taking my dostinex pills consistantly for over 1 month and i have yet to get pregnant. I have not even had a cycle yet. I dont know whats going on. Does anyone have any infomation on this?

hi thanks for sharing i ve the same problem before 2 months doctor told me i ve high prolactin and it is preventing me from getting pregnant i want a baby so bad im steel taking dostinex but steel nothing if u have any ideas please help me thanks.

I've been on Dostinex (Cabergoline) for 5 months now. My prolactin results went down, but still no pregnancy. We've been trying for 25 months. I just got the bad news that our 2nd round of IUIs didn't work. So back at it for one more try and then on with IVF. There's absolutely nothing wrong with me or my husband... except the high prolactin (which is now normal). There's not much information on this out there. It would be nice to see some kind of statistics.

Well, good luck to all!

me: 30
DH: 32
diagnosis: unexplained
TTC: 25 months
at a fertility clinic for 11 months now...

hey i have had three miscarages so my dr gave me bromocriptine he said it is the best meds to be on when your tring to have a baby cuz it lowers prolactin levels and you have a reg cyc so we will see if it will work for me... %-)

HI, I've been on Dostinex for 8 months. My Prolactin levels went from 219 to 192. I was HIGHLY disappointed as that darn pill is so expensive.

I honestly don't have the funds to go the IVF route, so i would love to get some natural remendy on getting pregnant. Or rather how to reduce Prolactin levels. My Doctors are nothing but a sheer disappointment! I've been shuffled from pillar to post and poked and prodded for the longest time. Hubby and I have been trying to get pregnant for over a year now. and the pressure from the in-laws isn't helping at all.

Hi, I've been taking Cabergoline for over 2 yrs now and still no baby! My levels are great. Im so confused about why we can't get pregnant. And I know what you mean about all the pressure from the family. Its all starting to get to me...

In 2008, my husband and I decided to try to get pregnant. We thought that we would have difficulties, because he has low sperm count. We went to a fertility doc and I told him that I was taking bromocriptine. He took a blood test and it turned out the my levels were normal, but to high if I wanted to get pregnant. He increased my dose by 1/2 a tab and I got pregnant right away! Unfortunately, I had a miscarriage. I waited three months, tried again and got pregnant right away with my son (who is now almost 22 months!). You may want to talk to your doctors about your levels to find out if they are low enough for you to get pregnant.  BTW, I mentioned this to my endocrinologist who I started seeing about a yr after I had my son and he said that was not necessarily true.  I do like this doc a lot, but when dealing with infertility issues, I trust my fertility doc more. Good luck!

I have had the same problem. I have been taking prolactin for a year now, and no pregnancy! My husband and i want to have kids, we dont know what is wrong with me. A woman I nanny for reccomended the book "taking charge of your fertility" I have yet to buy it, but I guess it worked for her. :D

Vitex aka chaste berry is a natural method to lower prolactin levels and can be taken with dostinex or alone. It takes longer to work and may not work for very high prolactin levels but it is an all natural method that has no documented side effects. A good brand that is sold at amazon is natures way. I've heard people recomend taking anywhere from 500mg to 1400mg per day. I take 1200mg but you can ask a nutritionlist or herbologist for advice. Many nutritionalists offer advice for free.

hi ladies, I was reading your posts and felt I must write my update to bring you some hope. I've been ttc for 10 months, went to the dr three months ago and he put me on dostinex for 3 months as my prolactin was high (60). now after 3 months it worked and I'm pregnant! (6 weeks). So just give it some time and it will work for you as well. baby dust to everyone!

HI..even i have the same problem..my prolactin levels 102..and i used cabergolin tabalets..now am absolutly fine..my levels are 19 now..i used those tablets for 3months..now we are trying for baby since 2 months..let see wat happen..and surely i'll update you..can anyone suggest me some tips..am so scared after reading all replies..

Hello Ladies!<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" />

I have had an elevated prolactin level on and off since 1995, which meant no menstrual cycles.  Turns out I had a tumor on my pituitary gland and was diagnosed with Multiple Endocrine Neoplasia Type 1 (MEN1).  As soon as the tumor was removed, my prolactin level went from 345 to 13 and my period started 3 months later.

The only way I can have a menstrual cycle is to stay on Dostinex, but it is so expensive and I have a really large insurance deductible and not take it as regularly as I should.

Basically, I was looking for alternative ways to lower prolactin and came across this forum.  Has anyone heard of anything naturally?  I have routine MRI’s, so we’re pretty sure there is tumor left.

Any feedback on alternative ways to lower prolactin would be greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Deep in the Heart of Texas!

Just a message of hope.  My husband & I were trying to have a baby for almost 3 years with no luck.   He got checked out 1st and was fine.  My prolactin was 68.3.  I went to see an endocrinologist who did a brain MRI first and then put me on bromocriptine.  My levels started to reduce right away and much to our suprise, I got pregnant within 6 months.  Our beautiful lil' boy will be turning 1 in 2 weeks.  I know it is a difficult road and all you think about is babies but try to stay positive and hopefully all of you will have a success story to tell as well.

I have the exact same problem same age same time ttc etc