I have severe chest pains. They are caused by bronchitis. My doctor gives me some medications but it doesn't work sometimes. It hurts when I inhale and stop hurting when I exhale. It also hurt when I start to cough. Does anyone have some advice for me? Thank you in advance.

You did not mention how long you are taking those medications. It need some time to start reacting in a proper way. If you cough is non productive then you should take some syrup for the cough. You should also drink a lot of water, tea and other fluids. In that way the bronchitis is going to disappear, so as the chest pains.

Hello there sander,

You need to be patient. Bronchitis is very persistent, and even when all symptoms of the bronchitis are gone the cough can still remain, and it usually cause some pain. If your symptoms lasts for more than three months you need to see your doctor again, because than this is not acute bronchitis anymore (I presume that this is your diagnosis) but chronic.

And then you need to start taking care of yourself better. You will also have to deal with the fact that this condition will reoccur and it will be nasty sometimes.

I hope that you will find best solution for your current troubles. Keep us informed about your condition and good luck.