Hi, my son is 12 years old, and he has bronchitis. He can’t breathe on his nose, and he has a chest congestion. I am so worried! I tried reducing his congestion with a steam, but he still has it. What should I do?

Hi, my daughter also had bronchitis with chest congestion a year ago. She had so much mucus in her nose and throat, she could barely breathe. Doctor’s advice was to drink as much fluids as possible, to moisturize the bedroom and to encourage productive coughing. A steam cleaning was also important. He told me to put 2 drops of eucalyptus oil in a boiling water and to let my daughter inhale that steam. It helped a little with nose mucus, but not with chest congestion. I bought her vitamin C (1000 mg) and vitamin E (200 mg). If your son has troubles sleeping because of the chest and nose congestion, you should give him an extra pillow. It helped my daughter when she couldn’t sleep.