Hello there, I am a guy who is 28 years old. I am suffering from bronchitis and that cough is killing me. Can you tell me how long does it last? Thank you for your answers in front. Thank you in advance for every answer you give me. I am really sorry to waste your valuable time.

Acute bronchitis may last 10 or 11 days. Sometimes the other condition goes with it, such as flu or cold. It always starts with a dry cough which can wake you up at night. After a few days it may progress to a wetter cough. You should know that bronchial tubes heal slowly. That is the reason why this cough may last for a few months.

Hello there frederigo,

I know exactly how you are feeling, but don’t worry this coughing will stop when your bronchial tubes heal. Sometimes this cough can be pretty uncomfortable, especially when you go to bed. It seems that lying in a horizontal position makes bronchitis even worse. I can’t sleep on my back unless I want to cough all night and get no sleep at all.

Unfortunately, there is not much you can do about this. Taking prescribed medications and syrup can ease your symptoms somewhat, but you will have to wait until you are completely healthy to stop coughing. I hope that you will recover fast and that you will avoid bronchitis in the future. Good luck with all this.