Hi, I am coughing for several days already and I have temperature 38 C. I am 36 years old female and I have sensitive lungs so I got cold several time per year. When I cough it brings up mucus from my lungs which are clear. My good friend went to see his doctor and he told him that he has pneumonia. I am afraid that I will get it too.

Hi, there are some differences between bronchitis and pneumonia. If you have pneumonia you will feel very week your body temperature would go over 38C and your mucus from the lungs would be rusty or green. You heart would speed up same as you breading. AS You didn't describe such symptoms I believe that you have bronchitis but if something change than you would see your doctor.

Hello there wallie,

I absolutely agree with the poster above me. For now it seems that you have bronchitis and if you do this condition will pass in a few days without any additional complications. But in case that your temperature goes higher you should visit your doctor at once. Pneumonia can be quite dangerous when it is left untreated, and you need to drink antibiotics to get rid of this condition, and this can last for a few months. It is necessary to cure it and get rid of the bacteria which is causing pneumonia otherwise it can reoccur and cause additional complications.

I hope that you will recover soon and that this was helpful. Good luck.