I’ve been having chest pain when I take a deep breath. I also have a cough….I am worried that I might be having bronchitis because of this chest pain. Is it possible should I see doctor or leave it? Maybe it is a common cold.

Sure you need to see doctor; because of the chest pain it is possible that you have bronchitis or pleurisy. You cab treat yourself with cold medicines and/or anti-inflammatory medicines, but I think you should see your doctor if the cough continues for more than a few days or if you develop a fever.

Hello there schaecher,

Well I am sure that you have been sick before, and that you are quite familiar with the symptoms of the common cold. So if the symptoms you are experiencing now are more than you are used to maybe it wouldn’t be such a bad idea to visit your doctor. After all this is your health in question.

Pain in the chest is usually consequence of the coughing and if you have been smoking cigarettes it is quite possible that you are coughing more because of it. But this is all just guessing. The only person who can examine your lungs and let you know what is going on is your doctor so consult him if you don’t get better.