Help! My period has never been irregular by more than a couple days up until about 5 months ago, when I started to become sexually active with my boyfriend. My period was then sometimes early or a week or so late, but then 2 months ago I first got this brown discharge with a strong odor a few days before my period. We weren't having sex then, so I knew I wasn't pregnant, and I got my period about 4 days after the brown discharge began. I got it again the next month, and now this month, I've got it again, but I'm worried I could be pregnant because we had sex about 9 days after the 1st day of my period. We used a condom, but I'm still afraid. I'm only 16 and I've never been to the gyno, and I'm scared to go because I'm afraid they will be able to tell that I've had sex and tell my mom. And I really want to know what this brown discharge is. Can anybody help me? Also, is it possible to get pregnant even if the tip of the penis touched the vagina for a split second with no coverage?

No, you can’t get pregnant if the tip of the penis just touched or slightly entered the vagina with no condom on. Maybe…….if he has ejaculated previously that day and hasn’t urinated after. Only in that case but the chances are really minimal.

If you have had your periods all these months since the discharge started appearing, you are certainly not pregnant.
Some women experience this vaginal bleeding prior to their periods. Some sources say that this could be a problem with the corpus luteum (what is left when the egg is released during ovulation) function and that this kind of spotting usually goes away on its own.

However, considering you’ve had it for a few months now, maybe you should see a gynecologist just to see what it is. I doubt it is something serious since you are very young and just started having sex but if your boyfriend had previous experiences, he could be infected with bacteria and could have passed it on to you. These infections are easily treated but they do need to be diagnosed and treated so they wouldn’t progress to something serious.

Hi im name is Stephanie my husband and i have been trying to get pregnant im 20yrs old well this month my period was late.. But I got this brown discharge then about 4 days later my period this lasted for 14days off and on..... then the brown discharge came back??? Was I pregnant or had a miscarriage what does that mean,...