Hi, im 14 and ive never got my period. A few months ago i experienced some brown discharge, or spotting. It went away after about 2 days. I just found it again for the first time but this time it was thicker and browner. Does this mean im getting my period? Could it be dangerous? I also have been having mood swings, feeling depressed, loss of appetite sometimes, and crying spells. Help!!!!

Hi Danielle,

Yes, this all means you are getting your period soon.

It is not dangerous and every female goes through this and it is completely normal.

Your body should be at a healthy weight because if you are underweight your body won't go into period mode as a female gets a period only to have a baby.  Your body has to have  a healthy weight to maintain a pregnancy therefore if you are underweight then your body will protect itself from shedding a egg.

Stay healthy and all will be normal.

Oh yes, the symptoms are from PMS (pre-menstraul syndrome) and they cause what you are having.  Welcome to womenhood this is all what we deal with EVERY month.

Does this help?

thank you so much!! im not that worried anymore thank u. but i am a little underweight. its not due to not eating its because both of my parents were like sticks when they were younger too. my mom got her period when she was 15 or 16 so i wouldnt expect to get it any sooner. thank you for helping<333 xoxo