Hi. I have an eye problem. The white of my eye is no longer white, it is blue. How does it occur? What to do? I was reading something about osteogenesis imperfecta, but I have no other symptoms but bruising of sclera.

Congenital thinning of the sclera is the cause of this appearance. Blue sclera is related with osteogenesis imperfecta. It is also related with Marfan`s syndrome, Ehler`s danlos syndrome and pseudoxanthoma elasticum. A long-term use of corticosteroids can also result in bruising of sclera. Osteogenesis imperfecta is present from birth. OI is an abnormal fragility of the bones.

Hi there,
If I am not mistaking osteogenesis imperfect is a condition that causes your bones to get extreme fragile. Why do you think that this has to do anything with the bruising sclera? I know that sclera can have problems if your liver is not functioning properly. I am not sure that bone disease can have impact on your sclera. Have you talked to your doctor about this condition? You have to know that this might be something serious so you will need to see your doctor as soon as possible. I hope that you will find the right problems and the right treatment for your sclera. I hope this helped.

All the best,
Danella