Roughly 40 hours ag0 I tripped over a large block of wood. Receiving trauma to my left shin about 5 inches below the knee. There has been no bruising but is painful to the touch. There is no pain when walking. Could there be a fracture? or should I just give it some time for the pain to go away?

Hi there,

It is very interesting to hear that you don’t have any bruising here. Most cases the first thing that you notice after the pain is the change in the color of your skin and in some cases the swelling will appear.   If you don’t have any bruising and the swelling I don’t think that there is any fracture. However my advice would be to see your doctor just in case if there might be some micro fractures which may cause many problems later in life. Are you using any pain killers for the pain right now? I hope that you will get better and that this helped you in any way.

All the best

Danella

Hi, there,
I received a blow (actually two) to the interior left shin bone area two days ago in a Jiu Jitsu exercise with a beginner student at our martial arts studio. Point of impact is about 6 inches from ankle and 10 inches from knee.  At first there was a raised bump, but now the bump is greatly reduced (lots of ice).  There is absolutely no change in color of skin to indicate a bruise to tissue, which is odd, because I bruise easily. 

The point of impact is still very tender to the touch and although I can walk without significant pain of any kind, I'm concerned there is a hairline or stress fracture to the lower tibia.  I know X-rays won't show it and would have to result to an MRI to see anything significant. 
I have to rehab ASAP as I am testing for a significant belt rank in less than two months.  Any suggestions for a speedy recovery?  
Thanks in advance,
Lauren

I am having an identical injury and symptoms from Jiu Jitsu. Would love to hear an answer to this.

currently suffering this exact thing, from the exact sport. would love to know how this shook out.. please email me at _removed_ if you have time/inclination. thank you.