Hi, folks. My friends have a little baby and we are all happy for this. However, it seems that a little fellow has been diagnosed with coxa vara. I have never heard about this condition before, so I would really like to know what the reasons for the occurrence of this condition are. I would appreciate it.

Hi, there. I have read something about coxa vara. As far as I know, it is a rare condition. The exact cause is still unknown. Some experts claim that it is congenital condition. It can be associated with other conditions like hip dislocation or improper femur development. These anomalies are often recognized at birth. Other cases are considered as developmental cases. I hope your friends’ kid will be all right. Bye!

Hello. My friends’ baby has coxa vara. I think that his case is developmental. These cases can be associated with many conditions. Some of them are: rickets, infection, osteogenesis imperfecta, osteomalacia, etc. It can also be associated with some femur injuries. When coxa vara appears after the year of 4, then it is always developmental. If the cause for coxa vara is not determined, then metaphyseal chondrodysplasia is to be blamed. I hope this helps. Bye! Please, let me know if you need more details.