While I was searching for something one the net I saw many pictures of dermetitis. I became interested into that because there are so many different types. I would like to know something more about dermetitis. Also, how much different dermetitis is known? I don’t have dermetitis just want some basic information about that.

Dermatitis affects one in every five people at some time in their lives. It is resulted from a variety of different causes and has various patterns. Dermatitis can be acute, chronic or both. Psychical stress can provoke or aggravate dermatitis, probably suppressing some normal immune mechanisms. There are few types: atopic dermatitis is particularly prevalent in children. Irritant contact dermatitis is provoked by detergents, solvents, handling water or harsh chemicals. Allergic contact dermatitis is due to skin contact with substance that most of people don’t react to. Dry skin is also one kind of it, especially affect lower legs. Nummular dermatitis, seborrhoeic and gravitational is in group of this disease too. Infective one seems to be provoked by impetigo, which is bacterial or fungal infection.

I have been told that I have dermetitis under my lower eye lids but latley the skin under my eye lids have became blistery and sore to touch, is this part of the condition?

Janette.