I am almost 16 years old, and I've been having sex since I was 14. Whenever I have sex with my fiance recently, it hurts. Usually its very deep inside of the vagina and sometimes it's towards the entrance to my vagina. Sometimes it doesn't hurt until after a while, and other times it hurts instantly. It's sort of like a stinging/blast of shock kind of pain, and afterwards my vagina is really sore, especially when I move. I've only ever had one sexual partner, and so has my fiance. We have been together for a year and a half and it hasn't started hurting like this until about 4 or 5 months ago. I know it's not a yeast infection, because it doesn't smell bad, and there's no discharge whatsoever. I've read that it could be because I am not sufficiantly lubricated, OR because there is too much friction down there. Usually it's said to be a combination of the two. I've also heard that maybe it could be because the size of the man's penis has grown and the vagina isn't used to the size? I'm not so sure that last one is correct but even so. I'm not sure what's wrong, and I'd really like to know what to do, or what is going on so that I can finally start enjoying sex again! Thank you very much =)

Hi there! A number of conditions may cause pain or discomfort during sexual intercourse. These conditions include certain vaginal infections, such as vaginal yeast infections and trichomoniasis, are often present without noticeable symptoms. However, during sexual intercourse, the rubbing motion of the penis against the vagina and genitalia sometimes causes the symptoms of these vaginal infections (stinging, burning) to intensify. Genital herpes sores are another frequent cause of pain during sex. In your case most likely vaginal dryness causes painful sexual intercourse. Normal vaginal lubrication is a given for most women; however, the vagina may be dry at certain times, making vaginal penetration painful. Lack of vaginal lubrication can be caused by several factors including: trying to achieve vaginal penetration too fast before enough stimulation has occurred to allow normal vaginal lubrication to take place; feeling nervous or tense about the sexual experience; this can slow the release of vaginal lubrication; using a condom without the addition of a vaginal lubricant, such as K-Y Jelly (Saliva is an acceptable for vaginal lubrication, but never use petroleum-based products, as they can deteriorate condoms and contribute to vaginal infections.) So I believe you could easily solve this problem by using some vaginal lubricant so you can finally start enjoying sex again. Hopefully these informations will help you. :-)