Hi, I have been using buprenorphine for one year now and I have decided to stop, I have reduced my dosage from 8mg per day to 0.3mg per day over one week and have now ran out.

I am feeling not as bad as I thought I would but have the typical 'rattling' signs such as constant stretching, yawning, nausea, violent sneezing, runny nose, watering eyes, hot and frosty sweats, lethargy, painful itching and general aches, however I am able to fight these symptoms by going about my daily duties.

I have been using 5mg of diazapam per day to combat the sleep issue and 30/500 co-codamol to act as some form of substitute to keep the stomach pains at bay.

I wish to know given the time I reduced, the length of my habit and my current replacement scheme, how long the withdrawal syndrome will last.[/size]

Awaiting reply, thanks in advance.

Generally for an addictive substance, it can take anywhere from a few weeks to a few months. It doesn't really matter the dose, length or severity--it all depends on the person. I wish you lots of luck and I know you'll do great. Keep us posted on your progress okay?

Well I am on day 14 and my symptoms have decreased some i still have pains in my legs bad and cant sleep!!! I just called my fam doc today to ask for something (my sub doc had given me serequel but i am not taking that stugg i took it one night and was sleep walking!!!) I hope that it gets better soon im trying to excersic(i know that is mispelled lol) everyday that helps believe it or not GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

crysneli wrote:

I'm glad to hear that you're doing a little better. Please keep us updated on how ou're doing so we can provide you support! THanks :)

Thank you! well I am now at day 17 and I feel sooooo much better at day 15 I thought I was going to go crazy I hadnt slept at all my doc wanting me to keep taking the serequel just a lower dosage but I just didnt feel comfortable taking it I dont have anixety issues and the reason I wasnt sleeping was caused by a chemical dependence so i didnt take it and I just MADE myself excerise and that night day 15 I fell asleep and woke up feeling totally different now I still lack energy and my legs still hurt a little but I feel like I have gotten over the hump I feel sooo much better and these forums have really helped too!!!

crysneli wrote:

I am so glad to hear that the forums have helped you! After all, that's what we're here for. I know that you probably had a hard time with it for awhile but I'm glad to hear that you're doing better. Keep me posted if you need any other help okay?