Hi, I am 18 years old, and every time when I urinate, I feel burning in my genital area. I don’t know if it’s my bladder, or do I have some genital infection. What do you think it could be?

Hi, I had the same condition a month ago. Every time when I urinated, I had most unpleasant feeling in my urinary tract. I had burning that was spreading through my bladder and genitals. It always lasted for 10 minutes after urinating, and the only thing that could help me was a bottle with warm water on my lower stomach. I was just holding that bottle until I felt relief. Beside burning, I had some other symptoms. My muscles were weak, and I could barely hold the urine. I went to doctor, and she told me that I have a urinary infection. She recommended me to drink as much tea as possible and to lay in bed covered with blankets.