I am 19 years old, and I have a burning sensation in my genital area. I was trying to find some answers on the net, but I found only cases related to urinating. My burning sensation has nothing to do with urinating, and I am wondering if anyone has the same problem?

Hi, I had burning sensation few weeks ago, and I went to my gynecologist. It turned out that my pH was changed, and my doctor said that I have bacterial vaginosis. She prescribed me metronidazole tablets, and said that this cures vaginosis in about 8 in 10 cases. My burning also wasn’t related with urinating, probably because the bacteria didn’t spread yet to the area of urethra. The burning was most unpleasant during the shower, in contact with soap. That’s why I bought a special intimate soap that stabilizes pH level on vagina, and reduces burning. When I finished with the therapy, burning and vaginal discharge were gone, and they didn’t appear again. Bacterial vaginosis is not caused by poor hygiene. Excessive washing can only make things worse.

Does anyone know the cause of the urethral burning I feel when I apply soap to my genital area when showering?

I know this is a year late I also started having burning sensation in urethra without urinating!! from my vaginal area. I have been to every Dr. Any finding yet?

Any help out there

I have the same problem, pain in urethra from base, mostly middle part, occasionally to the head of the penis, but not while urinating. My PSA has risen some, but this seems a separate issue. People with prostate cancer or enlarged prostate don't have any burning. No doctor has anything to say about it. Warm bath helps, but is only temporary. Do you still have this problem?

This is exactly how I feel. And I notice that it really burns after showers. What was the brand and type of soap you purchased to help?

Burning but.not when urinating

I've had the same thing since last summer. I had an acute burning/inflammation sensation and was in bed for a week with Pillows folded in between my legs while sleeping to prevent pressure. For almost several months it was still very irritating. I went to several drs and had several different diagnoses. I was given creams including hormone creams. I didn't use the hormone cream because breast cancer runs in the family. A year later, It has subsided quite a bit, but is still there after urinating and washing the area in the shower. It is not all the time, so I don't think it is a UTI or any type of infection. It happens maybe 2 to 3 times a week? I'm wondering if it is my PH level or things that I eat that are acidic? Not quite sure. I even thought maybe it was a nerve because it typically burns in the same area on the other side from where the uretha is....very bizarre. It's very sad that I am kind of getting use to this. I don't have money to keep dishing out to drs that don't really have an answer. I just hope that it doesn't get worse in time.

Did you find out what it was

I have had this problem consitently for past few years and have found relief. I have found that drinking water and staying hydrated keeps the burning sensation at bay. After seeing a urologist, it was explained that my issue is purely water intake. My daily intake of water to stay healthy is 1/2 of my body weight in ounces. Without adequate water I experience dehydration symptoms; burning sensation in urethra when not peeing. Cloudy urine with a strong odor as well. This would lead me to think I had a uti and sometimes I would have one but many times the urine samples come back clean. No std or anything as well. The urologist explained that without enough water I am at risk for infections which is why I was getting them but since I have been fighting to stay hydrated the burning has mostly gone. It is a challenge to drink enough so sometimes the burning returns but if I drink about 10-20 ounces and wait 30 minutes it passes. This may not be the issue for anyone here but thought it wasn’t worth sharing my experience and what has brought me 80% relief. I also wash only with mild unscented aveeno body wash down there and make sure to rinse with cool not hot water. (Suggestion of urolgyst) although I never received any sort of diagnosis, I was living with the burning sensation 6 out of 7 days and getting 4-6 UTIs per year. Since the commitment to water it has been 1 day every 14/30 and no UTI in 6 months. Which is a huge improvement!