I am a 17 year old male, and I've gone to the doctor about the burning after masturbation. I have a girlfriend older than me that has never had sex with anyone and neither have I. It's neither an infection or an STD because my doctor tested for both. The burning eventually fades after 45 minutes or so, but comes back again when i try to masturbate again, even if it's the day after. I am worried on what it could be. I used everyday soap (liquid kind) as luberication one day and i am also wondering if that could be the cause. If it is, how could I get rid of it? I've been on numerous antibotics, but nothing has worked. It gets even worse after I urinate, and it feels like I have to go to the bathroom more. There is no blood in my urine either. Any assistance/advice is welcome.

If this burning happens every time after you have used soap as lubrication, then the soap is most likely your problem. You didn’t say if the burning feels on the inside or outside.

If it’s from the inside, then it could not be soap but if the burning is superficial, you are having some kind of irritation to the soap.

If this is the case, you should use something else as lubrication, try some kind of water based lubes or something less harsh than a soap. If you used this soap only once, it is highly unlikely the cause of constant burning.

hi. i've had an exact experience before. the rectum burns for quite a while after masturbation. For me, i also have a reaction down there to soap. I've had soap accidentally enter down there once and it stung for like 10 minutes even if i rinsed it out with water. I doubt it has something to do with the soap. I've also found that the burning occurs only sometimes after masturbation, it occurs randomly. I suspect it may have something to do with your diet because when i have alcohol, i've found it increases the chance that i have the burning sensation after masturbation. Watch your diet.

yes i have the same problem and it happens most likely when I drink alcohol and i masturbate a couple hour later...it happens occasionaly...about 4-6 times a years...but it is very painful! totally not cool feeling. im not an expert but since it's happening only occasionaly i dont think its a big problem.

ps: sorry for my english :-P im french

When you masturbate, you can place undue pressure on the urethra (the "tube" in the penis that allows for the flow of urine and seminal fluids). This pressure is due to the methods in which you are participating. Seminal fluids can back up and stretch your urethra and cause it to be irritated. Urinating after such activities can cause more pain from the irritated tissues.

UTI symptoms usually are constant over time. Though, yes, painful urination is a symptom, having such burning sensations after masturbating tells me that the pain is from the activity and not an infection. Becareful, as you can damage and hurt yourself.

Yes, I have the same exact same experience. If I've been drinking and then ejaculate, from sex or masturbation, I get that same exact burning feeling. For me it lasts about 45 minutes also. I've talked to 3 different doctors about it and none of them have been able to help me. One doctor (my brother) thinks it might be a yeast infection that somehow gets activated when mixed with alcohol, but even he can't explain why this is only set-on by ejaculation.

I find that the best antidote is to drink loads and loads of water. Usually during urination the pain is temporarily relieved and eventually after pissing like 5 times in 45 minutes, it goes away. Recently I've taken to swallowing a few vicodin right after sex but of course, since I've been drinking, that's just awful for my liver. But sh*t, this is brutal.

For me this first started just as I was entering puberty, but only very rarely. I'm now 24 and as I've gotten older it's become more and more frequent. At this point there's about a 50/50 chance that if I'm drunk and have sex it will happen. I don't even masturbate anymore after drinking because it's just not worth it.

If anyone has any methods for dealing with this, I'd love to hear them.

By the way, Guest, you mentioned the "backing up of seminal fluids" as a possible cause. That's interesting, but why is this occurring almost exclusively when I drink?

I'm just baffled here.

I've had this problem as well, just now to be honest. During ejaculation I clamped harder and this maybe explains what someone said further up. I've got the need to urinate quite a bit, and a burning sort of pain in my rectum. I'm drinking a lot to try go to the toilet.

Same deal with me but kinda different. Im pretty sure this isnt an STD because this has been happening to me since I was really young, usually only like 3 times a year or something and only for like 45 minutes or so. When I was younger the doctor said it was an infection and gave me a medicine for it and everything was okay for a few years till we moved to these apartments that had some swimming pulls that I think may have had too much chlorine or something and would begin to occasionally make it burn every once in a while. Then when I started drinking it got to where it would occasionally happen after masturbating after being really really drunk. I'm curious if its like what someone said about the semen and urine mixing which causes the urine to kill off the semen. I'm thinking maybe because Im drunk I have to pee more and thus more smaller amounts, that I may not even realize, of urine might be left in my urethra and then when maturbating they mix and like some bad chemical reaction, well ya know. I feel like Tom Hanks in The Greenmile.

Maybe some difficult news. I've experienced this exact same thing since for as long as I can remember. It happened less frequently when I was younger then become more common as I went through adolescence. As an adult it was even more frequent. Since I turned 21 I have taken an exhaustive STD test twice a year and have been negative every time.

Finally, last month my girlfriend was diagnosed with Chlamydia. Neither one of us has any clue how that's possible. Anyway, after taking the chlamydia medication this condition as described above has completely cleared. I was informed by the doctor that it's very possible I contracted clamydia at birth (c'mon, mom :-( , and the STD tests simply didn't pick up on it.

I'd recommend that those of you experiencing these symptons do some research on chlamydia and receive treatment. It can't hurt and it may very well heal you.

Good luck. I know how much this sucks.

1) I am a doctor, and I too have this burning, and cannot figure it out, but will try, and will update any info as i do. also, it only happens when i am drinking. no clue. started in adulthood.

2) (SD Guy) you DID NOT have chlamydia since birth. If your girlfriend had a positive test, she had chlamydia. Women do not usually get it orally (like men can), so one of you got it from an outside sexual partner. Sorry to tell you, but it's not your mom's fault...

MD_112

I haven't been able to find this anywhere else on the net, but this exact thing happens to me, but (sorry, not to be crude) only when I am lying on my back during sex. After ejaculation, I get a burning pain (feels internal, and is accompanied by an overwhelming sensation to urinate). This does not happen when I am "on top" (sorry again). Can gravity have any bearing on this (as far as a backflow problem goes)? Strange I know, but I can't figure it out.

I have the same problem and have since I can remember. I have been tested for stds but nothing. It really hurst when I drink and masturbate then I have to take a piss.It reall hurts after i piss. Sometimes when I dont have to drink and it happens. I had a girlfriend that told me I gave her some king of STD but she said it was not something that had any affects that she could see. I have not gone to a doctor but I would take your advise and look into clhemidia. but how can i have it for so long and only feel something sometimes and only when I masturbate. it never happens when I have sex or if a girl mastubates me. It only happens when i doit. Weird happy to now Im not the only one. Even do this sucks

I am 43 years old now and I first had burning after ejaculation when I was 15. First off, relax and don't worry about it! It's probably just a reaction between the semen, the alcohol, the urine, and the inner lining of your penis (urethra). I knew it couldn't be a STD because I hadn't been laid yet and it only happened when I drank alcohol. Problem is you get awfully turned on after drinking alcohol. The simplest solutions are to A. quit drinking and B. abstain from sex and masturbation if you have. If that doesn't work then try C. Use a lubricant that won't sting (vaseline) and take a long hot bath afterwards making sure to submerge your penis, and drink lots of water and urinate the semen and alcohol out. The problem occured less and less as I got older. I almost forgot about it until I read this. If this doesn't work please see a doctor and don't be embarassed. Tell him everything. You will be ok.

i think i figured out how she got it... lets just say not from you... no real mystery there