so recently I thought i had a yeast infection. my symptoms were itchyness down there, burning while urinating, white coating around vulva and pretty much everywhere down there and a slight foul smell in my urine. I had had similar symptoms before so i decided to use the same treatment i had used last time to treat a yeast infection. I used a generic version of canestin 3 day cream but nothing seemed to change. i though i may have done something wrong so i tried canestin pessary 6 day treatment. i used it in 3 days however as i found it more convenient and the instructions said i could do so. although a few of the simptoms seamed to decrease eg the white coating around the vulva and the burning while urinating and general itching seamed to decrease however i still had the symptoms

At this point i decided to see my gp. she prescribed the canestin once capsule. the symptoms still remain only this time i noticed 2 more symptoms  after having sex with my boyfriend i performed oral sex on him. i noticed that my discharge was sour tasting and tasted abit off. I also noticed it was clumpy sticky and rolled up into balls that looked like snot. I had never had the symptom of sour tasting discharge. 

i am starting to think that i may not have a yeast infection but something else. I dont think I have an STI because ive been with the same sexual partner for nearly a year and for a while i felt very healthy down there. It wasnt until i started using a new deodorant and soap that i noticed the yeast infection like symptoms. I am also worried that i may have given it to my boyfriend as we dont use condoms. is this a possibility? 

I also had a swab test when i went to my gp and it came back negative for thrush. 

can someone help me?

hey linda, it sounds to me like you either have an std or bacterial vaginosis. go see ur doc, and make sure he/she runs a few tests and takes swabs.

i have had bacterial vaginosis a couple times. it produced a thick foul discharge that was sour tasting to my partner. and rolled up into goo balls in my underwear. didnt have the burning urethra but did have stinging on the area surrounding my urethra. probably from itching and opening up the layers of skin. go get checked....the treatment is a round of anti biotics, and dont worry, if it is bacterial vaginosis u cant give it to your partner....improper hygiene, wiping back to front, or ur man not showering before sex or not washing his hands can all play a roll in becoming infected with it....totally normal bacterial infection and clears up easily...good luck

I had the exact same symptoms last year...it turned out to be Trich. You can have it for a long time before showing symptoms or your boyfriend had it before he met you and gave it to you after you got together. Men are almost always asymptomatic and can go years without knowing they have it.. Go to the doctor asap.