Hi! I have burning sensation in the chest, also I have fever. That last few days. I also have cough, and sore throat. I didn’t saw doctor yet. I tried some vitamins, but they didn’t help me. What can cause burning sensation in the chest?

You probably have acute bronchitis. Acute bronchitis is usually caused by a virus, but can also be caused by bacteria. Acute bronchitis from a virus generally clears on its own within 7 to 10 days. Using a humidifier, taking a cough medicine that contains an expectorant, and drinking plenty of fluids can help relieve symptoms. If a bacterial infection is suspected or confirmed your health doctor may prescribe antibiotics to help treat your bronchitis. You should see a doctor.

Hello there dugdale,

I agree with bohner that you need to see your doctor especially if you really suffer from acute bronchitis. The main problem with acute conditions is that they usually are coming back. So you need to do something to prevent these severe symptoms in the future and find the best way to ease them.

Although, boosting your immune system with vitamins isn’t bad idea at all it will not be good enough to get rid of the symptoms at this point of the time. In the future you could try to improve your life style and making it a little bit healthier. I hope that you will recover soon and keep us posted about further events.