The past few days I have been having some pains in my chest area - I thought it was due to some muscle strain from some lifting I've been doing recently...however this feeling is right int he middle of my chest in between the nipple area - it's a rather stinging and burning sensation and it comes on here and then - most noticeably when I lay on my right side or on my back...if I lay on my stomach it doesn't bother me. If I lean back in my chair it comes on rather strong as well...I am also having some pressure just underneath the rib cage it has been giving me a bloated feeling and sometimes I get nauseated and do not want to eat or think about food.

I've had panic attacks before from stress mostly related to my job and I quit my job and the pains went away...I'm not working right now - nor have any health insurance so I'm not sure if I should try and find a doctor that can see me or just go to the ER - I was just in the ER a few weeks ago for some pains in my lower abdomen/pelvic area - but now that's all taken care of from medicine...

If anyone can offer any advice I'd appreciate it - I know I should probably see a doctor because it's chest related - should I try an antacid or possibly put ice on it to see if it helps?

Thanks

Most likely you have a "heart burn" due to excessive acid secretion in the stomach. The excessive acid corrodes the inner lining of your stomach and/or duodenum resulting in ulcers. However, I would not rule out other more serious conditions such as a heart attack or dissection of the aorta. Yes, you can try some antacid(without the ice) to see if it helps. If it doesn't help, seek emergency care right away.

Yeah thanks for the info - I was actually feeling a little bit better today - I took 2 hot soaking baths and that helped things somewhat - it's a little crampy just under the shoulder and to the side of the armpit like I almost pulled some sort of muscle - I was doing some heavy lifting with my arms the other day and think that may have aggravated something - then I started moving around a little bit around the house and the burning sensation came back so I went to Walgreens and got some prilosec - I just took one about a couple hours ago and it is seeming to help the situation somewhat - but the box even says it may take 1-4 days for it to be alleviated - so I'm just gonna keep taking it easy - take more baths - and see how things go...I'm just trying to avoid an ER visit because I've already been there twice in the last month and with having no insurance the bills are ridiculous...

I'm figuring if things don't get better by at last tomorrow or the next day I'm going to just go in there and have them run some tests...

I went to the ER last night because I couldn't take the pain anymore - so they did an EKG and some other stuff to make sure it was nothing serious - I pulled (rather good) my "pectoralis" muscle underneath the ribcage and it's sort of inflammed which is causing the pain in the center and also some heartburn - so yeah - they gave me vicodin and I'm feeling better

Thanks for the help :-)

hi ive had the same thing going on it all started three weeks ago. but i have not had a panic attack in 3 or 4 days. any ideas about what to do about it? cause im in the same boat with insurance and all.

Hey I've been havinq burninq chest pains lately can anybody tell me watz wronq!

ya I been having the same thang for 3 week now n went to the er last nite -they did blood work ,x-ray n ekg it all came back so they thank it has to do with my stomach n told me need to get a cope put down inside of stomach to check for ulcers

I have the exact symptoms!! Everyone is telling me it’s a pulled/ strained pectoral muscle but state there is not a test to prove it. I have had a CT scan, EKG and blood work to rule out the others suggestions. What test did you have in the ER to confirm the muscle strain? I am in week 4 of chest pain from it and would love to have a solid diagnosis. Thanks!!!