I have been feeling kind of a skin burning sensation around my right triceps area, upperback (only on the very right edge) and right edge of the right chest for the past 3 days. It feels when I rub it or even touch it sometimes. There is no mark, swelling, rash or anything like that.

The doctor told me this morning, it was normal and is because of too much work and stress. I have been working longer hours, but don't have any other stress than normal day to day stuff.

I had a throat inflammation last week but went away. I doubt it has to do anything with that.

I am 30 years old and a computer programmer...

Any ideas?

Well, I have another appointment with another doctor tomorrow and will hopefully find out. It is better to get a second opinion. Meanwhile if anyone could tell me of any similar experience, it will be very much appreciated....

did u ever find out what it was? i too had the burning sensation in my right chest, right armpit and right side back

Yes. Later I got few rushes on my right chest and it turned out to be shingles which I still have.

The doc prescribed antiviral, but said the pain will be there for few weeks. I still got the rushes... so I have become a little concerned again.

If the pain persist longer than another 2 weeks I might go for a followup

Hi it sounds as if you may have repetive strain inury as you are working with computers. Do you get adequate breaks when working and do you have a visual display screen to help with staring.

Hi jaydog,

I've had exactly the same burning you wrote about, but it has also now moved to include my left arm pit & chest also. I've had it for years. I was diagnosed with RSD in right arm/hand and a torn rotator cuff right shoulder. But no one tells me if the burning into my chest on both sides is related.

Did you learn why you havae it yet?

Denise

Hello
I too have had a spreading burning sensation in my rt armpit tehn in my back then it moved to left armpit and back It feels like I have an alpca wool sweater on under my skin...weird

If you can up with a solution I'd be mighty interested

Thanks

This could be a number of things but in my younger years I would have this due to standing or working at the computer.
I went to a chiropractor. After several visits the pain went away.

Now that I'm older I have other issues going on, some that involve the same area, that a chiropractor can't cure.

Just thought a chiropractor might be something you may consider. Some are less costly than medical tests and if it takes care of your problem...wouldn't it be worth a try?

Hi guys,

I didn't know this topic would go on. As I mentioned earlier, mine was Shingles and I am all well now.

Regards,

For those with burning, tingling, on the chest, armpit and back upper outer muscles (triceps), that travels down to your hand you may want to see a Neurologist regarding Thoracic Outlet Syndrome! It's very had to diagnose but very painful and sometime disabling.

It can be treated by physical therapy, however, it needs to be diagnosed to ensure you're receiving the correct therapy. Otherwise, your therapist can make you worse.

Best O'luck

HeidiJ

I Have Been Experiencing This But In From The Bend Of My Right Arm Up To My Shoulder! It Is Quite Painful! I Am Only 12 And Still Go To School! Everyone In The Corridors Brush Past It!

I have a burning pain on right side of chest about 2-3 inches below the right arm pit it feels as if I burned the skin, but it is inside my muscles. But it only hurts when I walk down stairs or jump . Could it be cancer? Do I need an xray or what

I am a 40yr old female. I had a sudden itching on my right arm both above and then below my elbow. The next day I woke to a severe burning pain. There are no marks, bites or injuries that I can recall. This turned to pain and loss of movement. It continued to spread into my wrist (my hand and fingers swelled) and into my shoulder. My dr ordered an MRI which only showed some sort of lesion on my t4 vertabrae which should not be the cause of this. I was put on neurontin, which I had an allergic reaction to, and now lyricia, which eases my pain. I haven't yet adjusted to the lyricia as it makes me extremely loopy. My dr is still looking for a cause. Any ideas?

I am not sure why but there is just a patch of skin on my upper right shoulder/back, that has been very painful for the last month or so, it is like sunburn, very very painful sunburn that leaves no mark, it hurts even worse with a bra strap, with clothes, or even lying down. It has nothing to do with the muscle underneath, but right now it is burning as I touched it. I am 14, so I'm not sure what it could be. :-(

I'm having burning sensation in my right upper arm and my right side of my back.