Two years ago I had the sensation of a lump in my throat, following that, I felt achy and sick all over. Then along with these symptoms, I had a burning feeling in my stomach, and a cold feeling up my chest. My eyes became dry, and my legs felt weak and shakey. Sometimes I have pain in my upper right abdomen.

The only time I get relief is when I sleep. All bloodwork came back normal. Abdominal CT and ultasound were unremarkable (as they say). It started the day after I had a composite resin filling done. I swallowed some of the etching solution the dentist used before filling my tooth.

These symptoms are constant during waking hours, whether I eat or not.

Can anyone help me?

Hi there.......I have been experiencing exactly the same symptoms....though I've not had any tooth work done.......the burning is more when I lie down....and a week back I woke up with a terrible pain in the food pipe.....also,in my case hunger pangs are often and painful.My mouth seems to have a diff taste everyday.I wonder if anyone has any idea what this is....because it is constant....and I see no one has replied....did u try going to a gastroenterologist?

I have the same symptoms. I have also had a lot of urinary infections, although the urologist claims they have nothing to do with each other. He suggests for me to take Prilosec OTC and see if that helps.

I have had these same symptoms for over four years and I keep going to physicians to try and get to the botton of it. I have been tested for everyting from Chrones Disease to STD's and everything has come back negative and they tell me I look perfectly healthy. I have had a colonostopy (not sure if I spelled that right) and upper and lower GI's and everything comes back fine and they tell me I am nice and healthy yet the symptoms remain. I keep getting sick and sinus infections or ear infections along with constant GERD or Gastritus. All of my symptoms began when I was a Chef in Chicago and I just started dating my girlfriend. We have since broken up because we keep getting sick around eachother and we all ways have GERD symptoms. I have recently heard about a bacteria called H. Pylori Bacteria that a person can get from handling or eating chicken that is raw or not completely cooked. This bacteria can stay in ones body for the rest of their life if not detected and treated with antibiotics and pump inhibators for acid reflux. I just recently had the blood test for this barticular bacteria infection and to be honest I hope that this is what it is so I can treat it and get rid of it. I have been taking nexium and prilosec for years and neither has worked at all and I just keep throwing my money away. If I find out this is what I have I will keep you posted and let you all know how it was treated and if anyone else finds out something in the mean time please keep all of us posted as well. This has been disrupting my everyday life for the past four years and I am desperate to get my life back. I just find it strange that I get what seems to be uncurable GERD and Gastritus out of no where a few years ago and nothing seems to make it better. Not medicine or a change in diet and every time I excercise I get sick to my stomach and most the time I vomit. Any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Its strange because i get the same wierd feelings. I have however seen a gastrointerologist for this. Basically they will tell you that you need to eat a bland diet and that there isnt much you can do about it. They say that the surgery to correct any acid reflux decease has a very low success rate, and actually recomended that I do anything in my power to avoid that route. Unfortunetly, if it is gerd, the prilosec wont do very much. I am taking prilosec oct twice a day (morning and night) along with a prescription called famotidine. I still get reflux and abdominal pains everyday. I am told that its just something i must live with. Its really scary though, because you begin to wonder if it might truly be something else; like cancer or your heart. My advice is to get checked out, if you havent been already, for any sort of heart decease. And get a chest x ray just to make sure that it isnt something serious. Other then that see a gastro. and try prilosec. And eat a really bland diet and see if the pain gets better. If it does then in all likelyhood it is your acid reflux.

I am having the sensation of a cold spot in the center of my chest. I am wondering if any of the rest of you experiencing these symptoms are taking the perscription drug Inderal (Propranonal)?? I believe this started about the time I started the Inderal 60mg extended release. Thanks

im 25 years old , and have never in my life ( before this month) had any problems with anything ..
Early this month i was lying down watching tv and my chest started feeling hot or corld or something weird like someone was stepping on it , then my throat (im guessing esophagus) started to hurt to the point that the base of my jaw was hurting like hell , a headache followed , i thought i was dying , because ive never had acid reflux before in my life .. (i figure that it was a form of acid reflux and based on the stuff that i read here , i seems like its the same thing u guys are experiencing ) Yesterday i woke up early in the morning because i had the same painfull lump in my throat as if someone put a vice inside my throat and is slowly pulling it appart .. a most uncomfortable feeling . I hope im not stuck with this c**p for the rest of my life.

ps. while lying down (as i read on wikipedia) proping my head with a pillow in a half upright position kinda helps (thats why im fairly certain that it has something to do with stomach acid .. what causes it in my case i have not had time to figure out yet .:-(

Hi im 18 and ive had extreme pains in my stomach when were it gets cold, this has been happening since i was about 8 and i dont know what causes it. Its only when my stomach is cold though because i will put a heating pad on my stomach and i will feel better. i dont understand, can anyone help me?

JBell i have exactly the same condition and im fedup! plz do let me know if u found any way to end it??? :-(

I have had similar symptoms for going on 3 months and no medication seems to help. CT scan of soft tissue of the neck was normal. However, it did show an infection in my lower sinusis. I didn't really feel like I had any sinus problems. Doc perscribed augmenten for the infection and advised to double up on my prevacid for the next 2 weeks. I hope this works.

i too have the feeling of a lump in my throat like the feelin you get just before you cry.went to doctor several times one mornin the pain was so bad the doctor sent me to hospital chest exrays were normal e.c.g. was normal bloods showed no sign of fighting infection.went back to gp he prescribed lanzol.no relief then protium then pariet with zantac and gaviscon.no good cant stand this choking feeling.and that cold tightening sensation. have never had heart burn or any kind of indigestion before.not a nice feeling at all

here's a suggestion. i went over a year with pain in the upper right stomach area, well, when no stones showed up in the gall bladder, someone suggested I have a HIDA scan. this is a test where they see if your gall bladder still works. once they did it (the pain/symptoms got worse over time); they found my gall bladder had quite working.
They did take it out and for the first time in 4 years, I didn't have to take prilosec or the other meds for GERD. I went 7yrs. without GERD, then had similiar symptoms except more stomach related and they did another nuclear test to see if my stomach was contracting...which it wasn't. So now I have to take Reglan to make my stomach contract. But both these things truely helped me immensly.
I also get a hard lump in my throat, but I'm in menopause and if i'm not on estrogen, then it get's terrible and i can hardly swallow. so I stay on my estrogen until i get through this. hope some of this helps. definately check out the gall bladder.
Oh, and when they couldn't find stones in the gall bladder through an MRI, they DID find them after operating.

Does anyone have chest pressure and a feeling of hunger pangs but you know you're not hungry? Do you ever feel like your voice is on the verge of going hoarse, or does it go hoarse? Sometimes I think my whole digestive system is irritated. Nothing seems to help, not prilosec, not pepcid, not nexium. It sucks.

I have be having these symptoms for the last 1 year. A cold sensation in the center part of the chest a burning sensation in the stomach. The only time I feel like I am ok is within 10-15 mins after awakening from my sleep. My oesophagus is like al the acid from my stomach is falling into my esophagus. I have done all the tests, sonography, full body X-Ray, endoscopy, urine test, blood test, cardiogram, stool test etc. Everything seems to be normal, the doctor has diagnosed me with hyperacidity and given me PAN 40 to consume once in a day. But it ain't working no effects on my stomach nor chest and especially the oesophagus. This symptom I presume happened when I used to skip eating in the post afternoon hours during my working hours. I ate very little food for my lunch and not eating anything at around 5-6 p.m for a period of about of 2-3 months actually contracted me with this disorder. Guys, I used to feel hunger a lot during that time, but I ignored it because of the love of my work. Can anyone out there tell us more about this and help us with this. Please your help will be much appreciated. ? :-(

hey guys i've been trying to tell myself that i'm just going nuts over this because i keep having these chest pains and shortness of breath and feel as if i need a needle to pop this feeling in my throat i even went to the er because the docters thought that i might have blood clot in my chest they xrays ct scan blood work and nothing showed up i think my husband thinks i'm nuts by now but hell i'm scared i'm goning to have a stroke or something please someone tell me something!!!!!!