i have just gotten (well hopefully) over an infection in my sphenoid sinus.....i do have anxiety attacks (i'm told).....but i can just be sitting at the computer or whatever and i feel a burning or maybe a cold sensation in my neck and chest and ears it will usually travel to my arms and stomach....my hands will start to sweat and i get really nervous....if i take a xanax it will ease a lot quicker but it leaves like it came on....what in the world could that be....and by the way i have been diagnosed with acid reflux which gives me a fit with or without medicine.....and at night i feel like something is pulsating in my chest....very weird....any ideas?.....thank you

I have burning ears (inside), burning in my chest that goes across my chest and underneath my arms and down my arms (but mostly on the left side), the bottom of my feet burn, my stomach burns. I have this all the time and it doesn't come on suddenly. It also feels cold (menthol feeling). My hands feel like they get hot and cold. It is also in my neck and down my back. I've been like this since July 06. I also have pulsing in my ears often when I go to bed. Sometimes it seems worse than other times. Once in a while I will actually feel normal. Exercise seems to make it worse. I've been testing for 8 months now. Everything ok so far. I have acid reflux, high blood pressure (but not too bad). Here are some things it could be. I am female 50 years old (no menopause yet, but little signs of maybe perimenopause). I take Toprol XL and Aceon for high blood pressure. I get lower back pain when I stand for a while, pain travels to my hips and have some tenderness in pressure points common to fibromyalgia. My B12 is within range but very low. Your symptoms sound very much like mine so maybe we can find a common denominator. I've been told it's my sympathetic nervous that is being affected. Also, this all started (except for the ears) one week after I came back from a cruise. I had a cough I caught on the ship, then it turned into a cold -- then this. They same maybe a fish toxin, disease called ciguatera toxicity. It started as a really burning pain in my stomach, abdoment (upper and lower) that woke me up startled for about two weeks every night, all night.

I have a sphenoid sinus infection but am not over it. I am going to Cleveland Clinic in 4 weeks. Nothing will clear the infection...had so many antibiotics that I got C-Diff. I am taking all kinds of sinus medication and over the counter pain medication just to keep going. In the last couple of months I developed quivering in my neck, chest, and arms. It is worse in the morning. I wonder if it could be caused by some of my medication. I also chill off and on with no fever. I have anxiety caused by all of this. I'm wondering if I should see my primary care doctor before my appointment in Ohio. I've lost 34 pounds since all this started.

I can't believe what I just read. I have been sick for 3.5 years. Also started 1 week following a cruise. WHere did you go and what did you eat What C line? I would have your chatecolomine levels checked, my normetenaphrines are quite elevated. I also have elevated CRP, low vitamin D and K. If you are having trouble sleeping...OMG I have had over 26 imaging studies, no tumor found. COnsider evaluation for dysautonmia, hyperadrenergic POTS, mast cell disease and rule out lupus. It's the Menthol senstion that drives me crazy. I think no one believes me...yet it is so powerful that my eyes water. I am working with 5 tertiary hospitals and have 16 specialists on my case. Tomorrow I go to Hopkins. If you have found a diagnosis please share.