My husband was scratching his scrotum and then started kind of pinching them to stop the itch and then where he was pinching it started burning. The next morning he had a small knot there. He's out of town so I can't tell you what it looks like but he says it's too sore to scratch. Could he have just ruptured a capillary or blood vessel?????? I know varicose veins burn when they bust.

It would take a Dr. examining him to know what he has. But from the sounds of it, its most likely in the scrotum skin only instead of in his testicles or spermatic cords. Skin heals up pretty fast and easy most of the time. I don't know why men's and boys' scrotums itch so much and so often but they do. Mine started to itch a lot about the time they began to make sperm for the first time in my boyhood and they have kept itching since then. I've alwasy thought making sperm inside must itch for all men and boys lol. All those active tadpoles of sperm swimming around 24/7 inside our sacks, balls, and cords, and itching us guys. lol. The first thing most males do in the morning waking up is to scratch our balls and stretch out our cocks and balls after sleeping. Just a normal guy thing. A man just has to be reasonable and not do damage to his balls when they itch. If it causes him pain insdie his balls or in his spermatic cords that his testicles hang from inside his scrotum, he should see a Dr. right away. If he can pull the skin of his scrotum around and feel that the injury is just in the scrotum skin and not deep inside his sack or balls or cords, then he can wait longer for it to heal up before he needs to see a Dr. about it. If it turns really red, swollen, discolored, open up, has puss, or discharges any fluids or lots of pain, then see a dr. right away.