My mom has suffered with a burning throat and tongue for over a year.
She has seen all types of drs. with no help. she has been treated for acid reflux, yeast infection, sjogrens, and changed her diet. she also had shingles before the burning occurred, but was under a drs. care. she has also had a biopsy done on the inside of her lip. she has had the scope down her nose and sent home with this in her for 24 hrs. then she had another scope done as outpatient. We have tried everything over the counter, and followed every step of the dr.'s advice, but the burning is getting worse. She only sleep a few hours at night and feels as though her throat is closing up.
Please help!!!!
debbie

I suffered with a similiar pain for 6 months until I saw a specialist in Manhattan. I was told I had "post viral vagal neuropathy" and was given Lyrica and nutritional supplements to give the nerve time to heal. After a week I felt better than I had in months. If you can get to a major teaching hospital in your area, you can probably find a voice/swallowing center that can get to the root of the problem. Literally, within minutes I was diagnosised - whereas previously I went to specialist after specialist without any relief. Best of luck to your mother.