All started after I choked with a piece of meat. My mom performed heimlich which saved me.  Well after I noticed that my breathing wasn't the same & felt a strange feeling in my neck but mainly after doing a strenuous activity.. After two weeks I decided to go to the ENT to make sure there was nothing wrong since my primary doc said I had asthma which I never suffered of.  The ENT sprayed my nosed with some numbing medicine and inserted a scope thru my now down my throat & only found a little acid reflux.. After that visit everything went down hill, it's been two months now and have that swollen feeling in my throat that comes & goes but it's more present than not.  It feels like it obstructs my airways which makes me very anxious. So far I had a neck catscan, a thyroid ultrasound, a modified barium swallow & everything is back normal.  The only thing was the breathing test which was performed before the scope that showed asthma.  I never suffered from asthma before and wonder how can choking with meat trigger it.  I've looked into throat spasms but the doctors don't seem to agree with it.  Sometimes it feels good and I think it's going away but the feeling comes back which I hate because it scares me even though all the tests come back negative. I've looked into anxiety as well.. It may aggravate whatever it its that I have but I honestly don't think it's anxiety.  I regret going to the ENT because it was after that scope that everything got worse..  I don't know who to ask any more.. If anyone has gone through something similar please advise..

Hi- I have barrettes esophagus- and anxiety causes the "lump in the throat feeling"- I choked on a garlic knot and had to be heimliched. I am on a very low dose of sertraline to help with the anxiety. I have asthma- the acid was building up and actually burning my esophagus- so anytime I tried to eat and bread-like item- it would be near choking- I take Prevacid to help eliminate gerd- there are good periods and not good periods- but stress and hidden anxiety can manifest itself into the "ball feeling in your throat"-good luck! I would see a gastroenterologist in your area.