This post is an extension of the
Clearing of throat as if something in there thread.

Please continue posting within this thread.

hi evryone! im soo glad i looked it up! i really thot i was all alone!! this has been for me traumatic from my third grade teacher telling me to shut my motor already to the quiet room trying to hold the aheem in, to the anoying co-workers asking me why i clear my throat to the strangers ofering me cough drops i always felt so ab-normal, i just felt that if it was serious it would have killed me already ( ive had this problem for 20 years) and im only 31!!!! i tried everithing from acid reflux meds to homeopathic meds, so many that i can not mention all , i have seen doctors and they all say the same its acid reflux or post nasal drip but the meds dont seem to help!!!!! :-( .... sad to say misery loves company but im glad im not alone and all i can say is that i hope someone finds a cure soon!!!!! ahem, ahem,

Hey all,
I'm trying again with a new ENT. He looked in my throat with the nasal scope again and we're trying nasal steroids again and decongestants and increasing my reflux meds. At least he saw my throat very red it feels like I'm swallowing a bottle cap most of the time now. Maybe the meds will stop the inflamation for a while. Hope everyone is doing well and good luck.

OH MY GOSH!!! I thought i was the only whack job who did this!! I start having this exact same problem about a year ago. I absolutley hate it. My job is to answer the phone and in the mornings when it's the worst, i'll answer the phone and my voice will cut out, and i ALWAYS feel like i have something in there. Sometimes when i do the growling i can hear a gurgle like something is actually in there. I sure wish there was something to make this come to an end.

Hello All:

I am a newbie here. I have had these same symptoms for the past 8 years. I too thought I was alone in my misery until I found this site. I constantly clear my throat because I feel like I have a lump all the time. Sometimes it's just a little mucus that I can get up sometimes nothing. In the morning it's the worse. I am so embarrassed at work when I have to clear my throat. I have been to so many doctors, allergists, ENT's, you name it. I have been on every allergy medicine out there. I am currently on Zyrtec, Rhinocort, Nexium and I do the Netipot. My latest ENT says that I have acid reflex and that's what causes the excess mucus. But it doesn't seem to be going away, but getting worse. I also take allergy shots. My husband swears it's from having smoking parents and that I am destined to be in misery. I can not take it anymore. I am open to any suggestions.

Same old in the box try the obvious answers that dont have any impact I am a primer(i.e. carrier) I don't know who becomes contagious or who doesn't catch this thing but everyone who gets much of my saliva will catch TCD from me. I am guilt ridden from this. Another one of us who can be found in the origonal thread has had some luck with kineseology

Dear All,
I have finally found a solution to all the throat clearing. There is a doctor named John Brimhall, his website is brimhallwellness.com. He practices energy kinesiology in Arizona and people travel all over the country to visit his office. You need to find a Certified Brimhall Practitioner which are all over the country. See if this link will work: brimhallwellness.com/brimhall/pdfs/nw-distributors.pdf

I went to a Certified Brimhall Practitioner in Utah. He is a chiropractor and practices energy kinesiology. He was able to diagnose me within 5 minutes. I had candida, and he successfully treated me with cold laser therapy, electromagnetic charge, detox footbaths, adjustments, and supplements. Everyone's case may be a little different but the doctor can diagnose you individually. Candida is very hard to get rid of on your own. I am finished with my 2 month treatment and my throat clearing along with several other symptoms have cleared up.

Good Luck!

Just wanted to let you all know that I am now seeing a practitioner trained by Dr. Brimhall. He is AMAZING! I too have candida. I live in So. Cal. His name is Dr. Seth Mittleman and is in Pasadena. I have never met a more caring person in my life. This man is the best! Good luck to you all.

Kir

Celebrity
Iv had this for about 3 months now, its driving me mad. Im constantly sucking throat sweets.
I also seem to start coughing for no reason an gag as if im going to be sick.

It seem to have started since going into hospital an having a op under general.

So did i get a candida yeast infection then?

But i also have hormone problems an have recently had a mariena coil fitted. It gives off a hormone..... Is it that im now wondering.

Iv read that the coil makes you produce more mucus (vigina) but is it bodly in general?

Can anyone relate to this?

Sorry for the test post, I am new to this!

I have spent all morning reading every one of these posts and am so sad for all of you experiencing this. Now I know he is not the only one experiencing this horrible stuff… I got into it with my husband last night about his throat clearing (I was irritated about other things and took it out on him during one of his loud throat clearings) and felt horrible this morning and decided to research this. This throat clearings/something caught feeling in his throat has been going on for at least 5 yrs if not more. He too has been to the Dr. they say allergies, post nasal, etc… He took meds kind of helped for a couple weeks but then it came back. It’s a constant daily occurrence of throat clearing, coughing up phlegm. I am concerned of him damaging his throat due to the consistency of doing it and how hard he does it – its very loud… People always say things to him, his sister even mentioned to me it could just be in his head.  I am use to it but strangers are not and I notice them looking at him. I know it bothers him, and I am heart broken for him and all of you. Just like a prior post I can find my husband in the store from hearing him clear his throat. I am aggravated that the Docs can’t help anyone. It seems everyone is a guinea pig with no cure, but I am starting to wonder if they don’t want a cure, cause then there wouldn’t be any money made in the Pharmaceutical industry if they cured us all right? I would like to keep you posted on his out come. I have decided to try the organic route, getting him off of MSG preservatives etc... dairy, try this Neti Pot, Mushrooms to detox, and keep a journal of what he eats, when it occurs most, etc… and see how that helps and try to research more. I see that "sbbezzant" has gone with kinesiology and I am curious to keep in touch and see how that goes. I just know that it’s very expensive isn’t it? – and not covered under insurance, right?

My heart goes out to ALL of you and your spouses and hope you don’t have to live so consciously anymore and maybe together if we keep posting we can get everyone cured ourselves - since the docs cant!!!

Thanks for letting me post and I will check back and keep you posted on my husband’s outcome. It wont be easy cause he loves dairy products, and can drink a gallon of milk, and a block of cheese in one sitting. My determination/and love will find him a cure!!!!!!

I have the exact same problem. First they said it might be stress, then post nasal, then GERD.... and I'm using Nasacort and Flovent right now to see if that helps.

Since health care is free here, for poops and giggles after seeing my family doctor I asked for a chest x ray (twice) and a pulmonary test to see if anything pops up there. The first chest xray 3 months ago showed nothing and the pulmonary test said i was between 96-103% capacity (100 being average for my age/height/weight and is only considered a problem below 80%). I still did not hear back from the second chest x ray.

I still clear my throat very often and I get the same "annoyance" issues as a lot of you here. My gf reminds me daily that it's annoying.

I'll keep you guys posted

Celebrity
i went the doctors on Tuesday this week as i was so fed up with it.
I do it so much sometimes that i lose my voice. The doctor was very concerned about my voice an said if we cant control it i will have to see a ENT specialist. ( Ear, Nose an Throat)
She has given me a nasel spray to take. Its a long term treatment an works slowly.
She thinks it could be an allergy an its causing me to produce to much rubbish in my throat. (catarrh)
Im now spraying twice into each nostral (twice a day)

Its Beconase Aqueous Nasal Spray

It can be bought over the counter.

I go back to the doctors in 2 weeks to see if it works.
Will let you all know how i get on.

I too have been suffering for several years and it's driving me crazy! I've had many tests done (except allergy testing) and been given the same treatments as everyone else, and really, nothing works. My husband thought a lot of it was in my head, until he found and read all of your posts. I was wondering if some of it could be related to the other meds I take : Wellbutrin, Marcardis Plus, synthroid and birth control pills. I'm using a steriod nasal spray twice a day, but stopped using Singular recently, as I found there was no difference in my sympoms while using it. Are any of you using these other medications too?
I seem to catch many colds/flu's even though I get my yearly flu shot, and more often than not they stick around forever until I require anti-biotics, as it always moves into my chest and/or sinus. My throat clearing is really extreme when I'm sick!
I'm sick of this! It makes my job very difficult, as I deal with people all day on the phone or in person. Does anyone reallt believe it is contageous?

Firstly, yes, it is nice to find others with this throat clearing issue.
[p]
I have tried everything as well. In the past few weeks, in the wake of having had a cold, the throat clearing has increased. I am concerned. For several years now it has been driving me nuts. Sometimes it is a source of comedy amongst my friends and family (they call me Felix Unger, etc.); other times it is a source of irritation. I think it has done solid harm to my standing in the workplace as well, but I don't want to go too much into those details.
[p]
I have found that a "modulate the frequencies" approach is about the only thing that works (and even then, each "modulation" is only temporary). Those of you familiar with Star Trek TNG and the story of The Borg will know what I am talking about. Essentially, nothing works against the Borg (metaphor for throat clearing). They immediately adapt to the frequencies used by the phaser beam that the Enterprise fires at them. At best, minor damage is done to The Borg before they "adjust" their shields to deflect the new attack (metaphor for certain meds only working for a very short period before they become useless). It is only by "modulating the frequencies" of the phaser attack can any real damage be done to The Borg, and even then they adapt. But it's all that I have to work with.
[p]
Pardon the analogy, please. I am, I suppose, what you would call a "throat clearing Trekkie. Basically by "modulate" I mean have different meds and hot drinks around (sometimes caffeine, sometimes not); for instance, Claritin may work for a day or two ... but then must add a decongestant to the mix. After that stops working, I've switched to Mucinex ... good for a few days, but only slightly and only for a few days. Next I try Benadryl, etc. and so forth.
[p]
Anyway, last night I'd had enough of the recent onslaught (a very bad one that I attribute in part to the coming of spring, dryness from heating, etc. I went to the store and tried Zyrtec. POW! All better. Sadly, this is always the case and I know that it will only last a few days (although I must admit, Zyrtec's ability to cut the throat clearing was quite dramatic --I've not tried it before). I harbor no false hopes, however.
[p]
And so all I have to suggest is this: modulate the frequencies. Switch up the meds regularly. For even better effectiveness, plan for some long med-free periods where you just give yourself over to the throat clearing. This will prevent too much tolerance, so that when you really need the meds to work, they will (occasions, church, groups, movies, etc.). I try to take a med holiday during times when I know that I will be alone for a time.
[p]
Hey, hope you guys didn't mind the geeky analogy here. I found it kind of fitting for me, thought one or two might be amused. If any of you happen to come up with a solid solution, I'd sure like to hear about it. I will try to check back here, but feel free to drop me a line, I am Tom, at the following address: _[removed]_.
[p]
I wish you all well. Umm. Ok, I have to do this. No choice really. I feel dumb in advance believe me. Ok, here goes: Live Long and Prosper.

Hi duckyjenn

Lets start a yahoo group for us. I live in Minnesota. I don't know where Tom the Trekie is but we could all get a group and complain at once and maybe make someone listen.