my mother was hospitalized as she was hysterical, screaming saying her head was hurting.
All of a sudden she lost her memory completley she only new her name and whats happpening now but she didn't know her family or anything.
The hospital gave her a brain scan, nothing showed up and she had a lypo puncture in her back to see if there was any bleeding on the brain.
We was then told that it could of been a severve migrain or a slight stroke, they are trying to find out what caused it but they don't know, I'm really not sure what to think and I don't know if my mum's memory will come back, could you please give me any information.
Thankyou

Erm. this might not be any medical help, but i thought i would mention that i had something similar earlier. I have very bad migrains, but i also have the aura without the headache most days. And I totally lost ALL recolection of who i was, where i was, and anything about myself for a few minutes today. I was with my friend, i knew i should know her but didnt, i saw my reflection nd didnt reconise myself or know my name. It took my friend telling me who i was and where i was for me to suddenly remember. Bearing in mind that i am a teenager, so i dont know, but i reckon it isnt too likely to be a stroke :\
Maybe some sort of sound that your mother remembers, or telling her about memories might jog her memory. Because that was what jogged mine :-)
Hope that helped :-) x

Is she better now and have they found out what caused the incident? I had a a migraine which caused disorientation and loss of memory for a couple of days. This type of experience has happened to me previously.

The longest period of memory loss was 1 week. Lately I've been confused a lot and was concerned I might be getting Alzheimer disease. I've got concerns as to whether it's the migraines or Alzheimer. Any advise would be appreciated. :? :?