hey i was just curious to know can you get genital herpes from receiving oral from someone with tonsillitis? as my girlfriend has tonsillitis and we are meeting up on the week end and will probably end up fooling around and wanted to know if i should wear a condom if she ends up sucking me off thanks in advance

er, no - if there was such a thing as genital tonsilitis, you might be at risk though. The disease is named for or associated with the organism that causes it, or some other distinguishing feature: HIV they didn't know what caused it, they just knew (or thought) it happened and so named it for the damage to the immune system. Herpes is another, distinct, virus (in three types, as last I recall), just like ebola (virus). e-coli is a bacteria, for example, that lives naturally in your intestine, but is dangerous in your stomach.

For your girlfriend to give you herpes from tonsilitis therefore is essentially a non-starter. She can give you herpes if she has herpes (that's a nice romantic question for the pre-sex dinner), and if whatever causes tonsilitis - mine were removed a long, long time ago - is transmissable, and contagious (ie: not only can it get from her to you, but it is a problem if it does), then you would have to consider that.

You can look up the nature of tonsilitis, but I've certainly never heard it discussed in assocation with sex - until now - which just goes to show, there's a first time for everything (which is a line most commonly used just after you've proposed something your gf finds gross, so might be worth remembering).

A condom is never a bad idea, especially if you're both young and experimental - aka can't be trusted. If you can, and are comfortable that you're not going to invent an entirely new type of STD - genital tonsilitis - then I'd say enjoy your luck.

Have looked up tonsilitis per se, as can you, and she can give you tonsilitis however. It is a viral infection, and if you have tonsils, then you may get tonsilitis from kissing her. You will in any case be exchanging bacteria far more than email, tweets, or anything else, and your body is already designed to deal with that, or the human race would not be here.

Good luck.