I have a friend who suffers of migraine since I know her. She keeps telling me how hard it is. With all this time that I spent with her during last few years, I found out so many things about migraine. However, she never told me there is some drug that might help her relieve this kind of a pain. That is why I wonder can you tell me anything about migraine medication, is there any help for those people.

There are two goals when treating migraine, or any other headache type. First, is to relieve the pain and prevent future attacks. Once migraine has been diagnosed by physician, treatment of such a patient will begin by identifying those circumstances or factors that trigger it. That is why patient should keep a daily calendar of activities, foods, beverages, prescription and over-the-counter medications. It is also important to know each physical and environmental factors, stressful situations, sleep patterns, and characteristics of the headache itself. This can help doctor to determine appropriate migraine medication. Preventive treatments of migraine headaches are beta-blockers, propranololy, timololy, nadolol, metoprolol, and atenolol. All these migraine medication have side effects, and it should be discussed them with doctor before usage. Some doctors are trying with antidepressants, such as tricyclics, protriptyline, and desipramine as migraine medications. You have to tell your friend to talk to her doctor because there is way to relieve this painful headache.