Hi all. I have just one short question: can acrylic nails cause heart palpitations??? My friend experienced similar effects but she is not sure about the cause. She believes that it could be from these artificial nails but for me it doesn’t seem to be connected.. .Your coments???

I don’t think that acrylic nails can cause hart problems. Actually, the only side effect that I know of is fungus. Of course, your friend may have an allergy on the glue used for that purpose, and that allergy could be the cause, but not the nails itself. Maybe she should check that out…

Yes they can! It happened to me working with OPI acrylic in an area that wasn't very well ventilated. I thought i was going to have a heart attack and i almost blacked out... Also, if i do nails in the house my husband's heart starts racing even if he's upstairs. We got in a huge fight over me using acrylic in the house. I knew it affected him badly, but I had no idea it would wake him out of a sound sleep on another level of the house... scary stuff.