I had acrylic nails removed about 5 months ago.  I am guessing the nail specialist used acetone to remove the nails.  They soaked cotton balls with the acetone and wrapped them on my nail with foiled paper.  Unfortunately, they had too much cotton ball that must have been against my skin as well as the nail.  The skin around my nails have since turned a white color and look discolored compared to my natural color.  Any suggestions on how to get my skin color to come back?

I too have this same problem.  It's been two weeks now and my skin is white in color.  I've rubbed neosporin around the skin, thinking it could be infected, but the color remains white. 

I'm glad I did some research because I'm at ease knowing Im not the only one whose exprerienced this. I use acetone all the time and know too much isnt good. Well I started seeing the discoloration on the thumbs right above my nails. (Oh HECK NO!!) Trying not to think the worst and asking my mom if vitiligo runs in my family. It has to be the acetone, i accidently dropped a cap size on my bathroom floor and it ate away my the plastic tile. It's extremely harmful obviously....so Ima stop using it and continue with old fashion n.p remover.