I had acrylic nails until about a year and a half ago. Now when I try to grow my nails out they curl down but only on some of the edges. Not every finger does it. It is very noticable on my first three fingers (not the pinkie or the thumb). I take B12 and a multivitamin everyday as well as a calcium supplement. My nails are also very weak.

i have the same problem with my toes. The doctor says it is fine because it is contouring the shape of my toe-tips. Plus I wear socks.

do you play any sports that require gloves? or wear gloves frequently?

Curling of finger or toenails is not entirely abnormal but I can tell you that it can be an issue if you do not get it checked out because it could indicate another different problem. I think that you should talk to your doctor about it just to make sure that it's not a problem because it could be something else. Keep us posted on what your doctor says.