Hello, folks. I have been suffering from chronic rhinitis for years. Of course, at first I didn’t know what was all about. After a while, a diagnosis was made. I would like to know how much a local vitamin therapy can affect this condition. I would appreciate all your replies. Bye!

Hello, there. I must admit that when it comes to a local therapy for chronic rhinitis, I haven’t heard anything about local vitamin therapy. In acute exacerbation of chronic rhinitis, the swelling of mucosa is intensive. In that case, alpha-sympathomimetics are applied locally to reduce the swelling. It can be applied as nose drops or sprays. Some of them are: Coldastop, Soledum, etc. You should consult you ENT specialist about the treatment since there are contraindications for this. Maybe he has heard something about this local vitamin therapy. I hope something will help in relieving your symptoms. Bye!

It seems that local vitamin therapy can help. I've used a product available in Belgium and Luxembourg called Rhinovita, containing Vitamin A and E and essential oils, existing in ointment or drops and it was very helpful.