What can you tell me about the hearing problem? Can chronic ear illnesses damage the hearing? I ask this for my kid because he has some hearing problems, or at least I think so. We have scheduled an appointment but I would like to know what would be the prognosis for him. I am just afraid that he had this condition longer than we thought…

It is always a problem with the kids to determine if they have some hearing/eyesight problem. They are young and cannot realize that they have a problem at all (they consider it normal or are too afraid/shy to tell anyone). As for hearing loss, which I assume you are interested in, it can be caused by numerous factors, I should mention accumulated ear wax, loud noise, neurological problems, physical problem with the ear itself etc. But I guess that if there is one, that will be discovered by a doctor.