The sport is my life. Then again the baby that I am carrying is also my life. How to commit to those two things I love. I am a swimmer. I was swimming since I was 5 years old. Now I am in third month of pregnancy. Tell me please can I continue to exercise in pregnancy and for how long?

Swimming is very healthy activity. It can only be a good thing for you. In that way you can strength you muscles so you can prepare yourself for labor and delivery. It is not recommended to exercise with heavy weights or to put too much pressure on your stomach. But swimming is something you can do to the end of the pregnancy except the last week or two. So, just relax and enjoy your pregnancy.

Swimming is great but I am afraid it may not be so safe in pregnancy. The uterus may be pressing in on the bladder making it easier for the bacteria to reach the bladder and cause infection. This would require antibiotics and while there are safe antibiotics to take in pregnancy, the less infections of any kind in pregnancy - the better.

I would advise regular walking and if you are a regular runner, you could even continue running to some point of your pregnancy but only if you are a runner. Also, it would be best to consult your doctor about the exercises you may be able to do.