I’m 22 and this is my first pregnancy. I’ve been lost on weight a bit before got pregnant. I would like to stay in good shape and feel much better when exercise and am physically active. I run every day or go power walk. Can i run and exercise during early pregnancy? Can it harm my baby?

It is recommended to have normal activities in pregnancy. Monitor your heart rate; it should not get over 140 beats per minute. First 3 months are period of adjustment and you may feel breathless and faintness. It is individual what type of exercises are you going to practice just should avoid skiing and to over stretch. Running should be avoided in last trimester. Postpartal period is much easier for women that exercised during pregnancy!

you can do normal exercise just dont start anything really new or strainious (sp), they advise that you do exercise but if you are a member at a gym to talk to a PT and get any program you are on to be checked as you dont want to be over doing it too much!! but if it starts to feel uncomfy stop and take a break, although you are still to stay active you really dont wanna hurt yourself!

Meg

I don't know about running. But, walking and swimming is still good for pregnant women.:)