I have been diagnosed with a mild case of narcolepsy. In fact, I was very happy that the doctor said that I am not going to have to take any medication, and life will basically continue as before. He did say that I should be careful in strenuous situations, like heavy exercise. I would really like to continue working out though. What are your views on the topic?

I think that you can exercise with narcolepsy with no problem. As long as you choose an exercise routine that is safe for you. Swimming or racing cars is probably not a good idea, however things like fitness, tennis or similar where you won't be able to hurt yourself even if you ARE struck by a narcolepsy attack while exercising, should be OK.

Thank you for that. I feel a lot better now. The thought of never being able to work out again because of some stupid disease that I have but not to the extent that some other people do, it makes me feel so... angry and sad. So I guess I will take in to account what you just mentioned, and talk to my doctor about it again.